- The UK has 4 Trident nuclear “Vanguard” Submarines.
- 1 is operational at-sea, 1 “undergoing maintenance”, 2 in port or “training” manoeuvres.
- Each Vanguard Submarine as part of the Trident system carries 3 nuclear warheads and 16 missiles.
- Renewal Cost, of the Cold War era system is estimated at £15-20 bn ($23-30 bn).
- Annual operation cost is around £1.7bn according to UK MoD.
- The planned renewal proposed by the Government will make the system operational until 2060s according to.
- The annual announced Defense Budget in the UK is £34bn ($51.3bn).
Source: BBC News
Hundreds of Shia Indonesians were driven out of their homes, their belongings ransacked and their properties burned while the Indonesian Authorities did absolutely nothing!
This horrific hatred crime took place in August 2012 and to this point justice has not been done.
The East Java administration is even forcing the displaced Shia to relocate in an inexcusable move to reward the aggressor and punish the victim, the authorities are failing their own citizens.
- 36% of stories about British Muslims are about terrorism.
- 22% of stories are about religious and cultural differences between Islam and British culture or the West in general
- 11% of stories mentioned “Islamic” extremism .
- Indeed, 2008 was the first year in which the volume of stories about religious and cultural differences (32% of stories by 2008) overtook terrorism related stories (27% by 2008).
- Coverage of attacks on or problems facing Muslims, on the other hand, has steadily declined as a proportion of coverage.
- The bulk of coverage of British Muslims – around two thirds (around 70%) – focuses on Muslims as a threat (in relation to terrorism), a problem (in terms of differences in values) or both (Muslim extremism in general).
Report: “Images of Islam in the UK“
Authors: Kerry Moore, Paul Mason and Justin Lewis
Cardiff University – School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies
The Iraqi Oil Ministry announced on Tuesday 28th May 2013 that the confirmed Iraqi Gas reserves has reached 137 Trillion cubic meters. This has been boosted by recent new discoveries of Gas reserves in the country.
Iraq is already the 2nd largest Oil producer around the globe. Iraq also has the 5th largest proven Oil reserves in the world with some estimates suggesting Iraq could potentially contain the largest Oil reserves. According to Iraqi Oil Minister – Abdul Kareem al-Luaibi – Iraq’s estimates for its crude reserves has increased to 150 billion barrels. This figure doesn’t include deposits in the semi-autonomous Kurdish region in the north of the country. The Kurdistan Regional Government estimates that its territories hold 45 billion barrels of oil.
According to US Department of State, the U.S. security assistance to Israel acknowledges strong bilateral ties and reflects the unshakable commitment of the United States to Israel’s security. Annually, the U.S. provides Israel $3.1 billion in security assistance.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) estimates that the amount of money laundered each year may be somewhere between 2% and 5% of the world’s gross domestic product. This is roughly equivalent to the value of the Spanish economy. As long ago as 1996 the IMF gave an estimate of between $590 billion and $1.5 trillion.
According to Office for National Statistics (ONS) in Britain, the unemployment total for young people aged between 16 and 24 is now at 20.7%. There is 958,000 young people unemployed during the first quarter (Jan-Mar) of 2013.
ONS Figures recorded unemployment level has risen to 2.52 million (at 7.8 %). The number of Jobseeker’s Allowance (Unemployment benefits) claimants in March 2013 was 1.52 million people.